The restaurant was born in the 1936 at the behest of the actual owner’s (and Chef) grandmother whom welcomed her guests in a rustic but comfortable setting – from which the restaurant take its name – with traditional popular Sicilian food.
Handed down from generation to generation, today the restaurant is run by Chef Nino Testa. He keeps unchanged the spirit of the Sicilian culinary tradition by adding an innovative touch that represents the evolution, over the years, of his family recipes.
The raw materials that make up our dishes are personally chosen by the Chef, whom selects only quality products, choosing only the freshest local seafood and focusing on the Excellencies of Sicily – among which Bronte’s Pistachio, Pachino’s Tomatoes, Pantelleria’s Capers.
Our wine cellar, rich and varied, includes Sicilian, national and French wines and ensures the perfect match for each dish, to enhance its flavours. A sommelier is always available to customers to advise in the selection and to show the different labels.
The new location is situated in a place full of history, myths and legends: at the foot of the Norman Castle of King Martin and Bianca of Navarra, with the backdrop of the Riviera of the Cyclops and the Faraglioni of Acitrezza, the view opens onto the Gulf of Catania and the beautiful Ionian Sea. Outside tables allow our guests to savour their meals while enjoying the spectacular scenery, which makes every meal a journey through flavours and history.